Changshu Expats Association
Welcome to Changshu Expat Association Forum ...
Please don't forget to register so we can forward you all the news and events that will be held ...
Keep in touch ...
Welcome to Changshu Expat Association Forum ...
Please don't forget to register so we can forward you all the news and events that will be held ...
Keep in touch ...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELPING OUT FOREIGNERS WITH TIPS, LOCATIONS AND OTHER USEFUL INFO ABOUT CHANGSHU CITY IN JIANGSU PROVINCE

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Symphonies Cafes Roasting Shop

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mattcoq
Admin
mattcoq

Symphonies Cafes Roasting Shop Empty
PostSubject: Symphonies Cafes Roasting Shop   Symphonies Cafes Roasting Shop EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:27 pm

I was surprised yesterday to discover this place in Changshu … A friend told me that it had opened recently …

Two french opened a coffee shop where not only can you drink coffee, but you can also purchase coffee … Well, you are going to tell me: « What is new in selling coffee? We can buy some in Auchan, Starbucks, METRO, etc … »

The main difference here is that the coffee you buy in the places has been roasted abroad since some time, packed and then transported to China … So, you have absolutely no idea of the time of roast, when and how is was transported and most importantly, in which conditions it was stored …

So, as you might have understood, the coffee beans are selected and imported directly by them (one of them has by the way, a very long history in coffee production) and they roast it on demand … You can actually see the whole process since the roasting machine space is open to the public …

They gave me to try two espressos last night, which where by far, the best I had in town and not forgetting the whole story behind the coffee that I was drinking …

On the side, and as a complement to their activity, they have a few tables where you can have lunch or diner … Very French dishes at from what I saw at a reasonable price … Foie gras is available for example as well as escargots …

Haven’t tried the food yet, but will surely do next week …

So even though you aren’t coffee lovers, it is still an experience to chat along with two French people who will talk with passion about something else than … wine or women … ;-)

The address is at the intersection of FengLin Road and LiZha Road (north eastern corner with several other shops in front of Maple Mansion Residence on LiZha Road)

Phone number is: 0512 – 5292 0998

Here is the Google map for reference:

http://maps.google.fr/maps?saddr=Route+inconnue&daddr=%E6%9D%8E%E9%97%B8%E8%B7%AF&hl=fr&ie=UTF8&ll=31.654532,120.750217&spn=0.017608,0.032766&sll=31.651555,120.750818&sspn=0.035217,0.065532&geocode=Fdje4gEdiH8yBw%3BFVQP4wEdgXMyBw&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=15&t=m&z=16
Back to top Go down
https://changshu.forumotion.com
Ding
Little Changshunese

PostSubject: Re: Symphonies Cafes Roasting Shop   Symphonies Cafes Roasting Shop EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:41 pm

can't be true! freshly roasted? i will definiately pay a visit. thanks for the tip.
Back to top Go down
mattcoq
Admin
mattcoq

PostSubject: Re: Symphonies Cafes Roasting Shop   Symphonies Cafes Roasting Shop EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:44 pm

Yes, when my friend told me that ... Was a little hard to believe ... I was supposed to go with him next week to try but I needed to check it for myself ...

All there and coffee beans from Africa, Asia and Latin America ...
Back to top Go down
Ding
Little Changshunese

PostSubject: Re: Symphonies Cafes Roasting Shop   Symphonies Cafes Roasting Shop EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 3:03 pm

Alain says hello to everyone.

Symphonies Cafes Roasting Shop Alain_10
Back to top Go down
mattcoq
Admin
mattcoq

PostSubject: Re: Symphonies Cafes Roasting Shop   Symphonies Cafes Roasting Shop EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 4:36 pm

Hey Ding ...

When you said, I'll go there ... I didn't think you would be so fast Shocked

Good thing for the photo ... I'll try to get some more ... One of the Coffee Roasting Machine would be great ...
Back to top Go down
amepoint
amepoint

PostSubject: Very good news, even I don't live in CS now.....   Symphonies Cafes Roasting Shop EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 12:29 pm

....But I often come for the week-end.
Is it possible to have a break fast or brunch the sunday morning?

Arnaud.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/arnaudmepoint/sets/
amepoint
amepoint

PostSubject: Very good place !!!!   Symphonies Cafes Roasting Shop EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 11:35 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/arnaudmepoint/sets/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Symphonies Cafes Roasting Shop   Symphonies Cafes Roasting Shop Empty

Back to top Go down

Symphonies Cafes Roasting Shop
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Changshu Expats Association :: LEISURE IN CHANGSHU :: Restaurants & Coffee / Tea Shops :: Coffee / Tea Shops-
Jump to: