Changshu Expats Association
Welcome to Changshu Expat Association Forum ...
Please don't forget to register so we can forward you all the news and events that will be held ...
Keep in touch ...
Welcome to Changshu Expat Association Forum ...
Please don't forget to register so we can forward you all the news and events that will be held ...
Keep in touch ...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELPING OUT FOREIGNERS WITH TIPS, LOCATIONS AND OTHER USEFUL INFO ABOUT CHANGSHU CITY IN JIANGSU PROVINCE

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Get a driver license in Changshu

Go down 
+4
Jasminwen
amepoint
mattcoq
Roger
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Get a driver license in Changshu Empty
PostSubject: Get a driver license in Changshu   Get a driver license in Changshu EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 4:50 pm

Dear members,

You alredy have a foreign driver license and it's time for you to get a chinese one.

To do so, you need to go to the police station in charge with all the cars.

You can get a Chinese driver license for foreigners with any visa. You can verify its validity at driving and vehicle license centre.If you want to drive car in China , Please contact us.

Here is a list of documents we need to help a foreigner get his or her Chinese legal driving license :

1.a copy of the main passport page

2.a copy of the valid visa ( any visa type is ok ).

3.a copy of the both sides of the overseas driving license (any driving license is ok )

4.a copy of the last entry stamp

5.8 one-inch color pictures with white background

6.Your chinese name and your height in centimeters

You need to pay around 400 RMB to get a written examination which contains around 100 questions.

The police officer is going to give you a form which contains the regular questions of the exam.

If you speak chinese like a spanish cow you have to come with a chinese translator who can easily be a chinese friend.

[Edit by mattcoq] Romain AUGER is taking the Driving License test in Chanshu soon and will soon give us all the details & feedback ...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Little Changshunese
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Get a driver license in Changshu   Get a driver license in Changshu EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 2:11 pm

I actually didn't get the time to pass the driving licence.

Information to add to Faba list is that you need to get an official translation of your foreign driving licence.
It cost 200Rmb and there is only one place in Changshu. But i did a long time ago with a chinese friend so I don't have the exact address. it's on Hayu avenue, from Sheraton to the direction of the walking street, it's almost in front of the hospital on the other side of the Avenue.

As far as I know there is the exam every thursday.
Back to top Go down
mattcoq
Admin
mattcoq

PostSubject: Re: Get a driver license in Changshu   Get a driver license in Changshu EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 5:03 pm

Thanks for the input ....

Hope you'll get the time soon to get it ....

Back to top Go down
https://changshu.forumotion.com
amepoint
amepoint

PostSubject: Chinese way....   Get a driver license in Changshu EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 2:54 pm

If, like me, you have not the time,
and the most important, when you see how they drive No
when you know how you drive,
then you think : waaoh !!! Why I have to pass the chinese driving test ????

So, with help of some colleagues, and good organization of my assistant,
I "bought" the driving license.
Someone go to drive for me,
someone go to the hospital for me,
and for the examination of the traffic road, I do the first time (70/100...),
then I begin the second time, and after 10min, a man came to replace me (100/100...),
Crazy day !!!

But very efficient, in one day I had the driving licence.
Total cost around 3500rmb.

If you need the contact, ask me.

Arnaud.

Last edited by amepoint on Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/arnaudmepoint/sets/
Jasminwen
Little Changshunese
Jasminwen

PostSubject: Re: Get a driver license in Changshu   Get a driver license in Changshu EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 1:05 am

umweltfeindlich!!!
why not take public transportation?
Back to top Go down
amepoint
amepoint

PostSubject: Re: Get a driver license in Changshu   Get a driver license in Changshu EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 8:35 am

Because as I explained in another topic,

I don't want to die in a chinese taxi........

and I like to be free to go to visit good places around Changshu.

Arnaud.

Last edited by amepoint on Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/arnaudmepoint/sets/
mattcoq
Admin
mattcoq

PostSubject: Re: Get a driver license in Changshu   Get a driver license in Changshu EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 9:00 am

amepoint wrote:
Because as I explained in another topic,

I don't want to die in a chinese taxi........

and I like to be free to go to visit good places around Changshu.

Arnaud.

I do agree, like Arnaud said, ... If there are risks to be taken, let's be responsible for our own acts ...

Another point also is how good are the transportation networks around and also the schedules ... Not very convenient sometimes ...

Surely, the most important point, and i'll just quote Arnaud : "Freedom" ... I have been driving 10 years in China, and for sure, if I didn't have my driving license, i wouldn't have visited some places, that even chinese people don't go to visit ... And that makes a big, very big difference ... Going where, when and how I want ...
Back to top Go down
Jasminwen
Little Changshunese
Jasminwen

PostSubject: Re: Get a driver license in Changshu   Get a driver license in Changshu EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 12:42 am

rendeer
u r good at explaining everything confused
Back to top Go down
mattcoq
Admin
mattcoq

PostSubject: Re: Get a driver license in Changshu   Get a driver license in Changshu EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 12:45 pm

Well, how to explain .... That is one of the advantages (or sidebacks) of studying Law for 4 years ...

You are trained to have an answer for everything lol!

Last edited by mattcoq on Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ray
Hottest Singer in Changshu
Hottest Singer in Changshu
ray

PostSubject: Re: Get a driver license in Changshu   Get a driver license in Changshu EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 12:47 pm

good one matth Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Coming back help !   Get a driver license in Changshu EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 3:06 am

American Expat, worked at Chery in Wuhu 2007 to 2010, back in the USA for a couple months returning to Changshu to live and work.

Have Cycle license from Shanghai good through 2014, but only for Motorcycle up to 250cc. A Regal Raptor 250 was the largest new cycle in Wuhu, need something bigger this time, really love to ride. And will need driver license for company work.

1. Need Auto Drivers License
2. Want cycle license for larger motorcycle

Ideas, input suggestions?

Next questions will be where to get an apartment, like to stay in nice apartment, Chinese neighborhood with few expats, recommendations, people to ask ??
Back to top Go down
Rastignak
Little Changshunese
Rastignak

PostSubject: Re: Get a driver license in Changshu   Get a driver license in Changshu EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:18 pm

Is it still fordidden to get a bike overthere?
Back to top Go down
mattcoq
Admin
mattcoq

PostSubject: Re: Get a driver license in Changshu   Get a driver license in Changshu EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:51 pm

As usual, it is not forbidden to own one ... Not forbidden to drive one ...

It is just forbidden to get arrested .... Razz
Back to top Go down
Rastignak
Little Changshunese
Rastignak

PostSubject: Re: Get a driver license in Changshu   Get a driver license in Changshu EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 10:20 pm

Argh...chinese logic!

But I stopped riding on streets...just on tracks now
Back to top Go down
Goodfella
Little Changshunese
Goodfella

PostSubject: Re: Get a driver license in Changshu   Get a driver license in Changshu EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 12:49 am

Is all of this information still current? This is an old thread.
Back to top Go down
mattcoq
Admin
mattcoq

PostSubject: Re: Get a driver license in Changshu   Get a driver license in Changshu EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 3:03 pm

All the infos on this thread are pretty much still up to date ...

Now the biggest change since some time, is the fact that you do not need to go down to Suzhou for the tests ... The driving license is still managed by Suzhou, but all the paper work and the test are done in Changshu ...

For the "price" having your test taken, it is pretty much the same if you go through an "agent" ... Afterwards, if you have a good chinese friend and who can negotiate for you at the test station, you might have chances to get a much lower price ...

Back to top Go down
Goodfella
Little Changshunese
Goodfella

PostSubject: Re: Get a driver license in Changshu   Get a driver license in Changshu EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 2:56 pm

mattcoq wrote:
All the infos on this thread are pretty much still up to date ...

Now the biggest change since some time, is the fact that you do not need to go down to Suzhou for the tests ... The driving license is still managed by Suzhou, but all the paper work and the test are done in Changshu ...

For the "price" having your test taken, it is pretty much the same if you go through an "agent" ... Afterwards, if you have a good chinese friend and who can negotiate for you at the test station, you might have chances to get a much lower price ...

Thanks
Back to top Go down
alvaro88
Little Changshunese

PostSubject: Re: Get a driver license in Changshu   Get a driver license in Changshu EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 12:33 pm

And to get the motobike drive license is possible in Changshu? anyone has the telephone from the traffic police to ask them about the requierements?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Get a driver license in Changshu   Get a driver license in Changshu Empty

Back to top Go down

Get a driver license in Changshu
Page 1 of 1