Changshu Expats Association
Welcome to Changshu Expat Association Forum ...
Please don't forget to register so we can forward you all the news and events that will be held ...
Keep in touch ...
Welcome to Changshu Expat Association Forum ...
Please don't forget to register so we can forward you all the news and events that will be held ...
Keep in touch ...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELPING OUT FOREIGNERS WITH TIPS, LOCATIONS AND OTHER USEFUL INFO ABOUT CHANGSHU CITY IN JIANGSU PROVINCE

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

JJ's Cafe in Crowne Plaza

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mattcoq
Admin
mattcoq

JJ's Cafe in Crowne Plaza Empty
PostSubject: JJ's Cafe in Crowne Plaza   JJ's Cafe in Crowne Plaza EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 10:38 am

JJ's Cafe in Crowne Plaza Jjaas_11
Back to top Go down
https://changshu.forumotion.com
pirx
Humble Narrator
Humble Narrator
pirx

Location : Guomao Apartments West Tower, 176 Zhujiang Road, Changshu

PostSubject: Re: JJ's Cafe in Crowne Plaza   JJ's Cafe in Crowne Plaza EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 3:25 pm

Is it any good?

I only went to have a look, once, not tried it. Quite deserted area at night.
Back to top Go down
pirx
Humble Narrator
Humble Narrator
pirx

Location : Guomao Apartments West Tower, 176 Zhujiang Road, Changshu

PostSubject: JJ Cafe at Crowne Plaza   JJ's Cafe in Crowne Plaza EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 10:32 pm

Finally your friend and humble narrator managed to go to the Crown Plaza for dinner.

The guy who decided the location of the hotel ought to be fired. There are no taxis, ever, and there is no parking for bicycles, either (I parked my bike in the rear, protected by my trusted Kryptonite New York Legend monster-lock - if you ever see a Giant brand mountain bike in Changshu with a massive 8 kg chain of special hardened 500-Brinnel wear-steel with an intimidating thief-proof yellow lock, that's Yours Truly).

I went in, got seated, though tempted by the steak promotion I ordered buffet, along the lines of my original mission, and a glass of Austalian Barossa Valley Wolff Blass Riesling. Then I checked out the buffet. An Asian-oriented selection, including the everpresent sashimi and maki, an ample western selection, salads, appetizers, some cheese, a good selection of sweets and ice-cream.

The sashimi selection is not big, but adequate, and it included my beloved saba. The salads are cracking fresh, and the dressing is fresh and tasty as well, very good! And so is the rest of the prepared dishes, fresh, appetizing, well presented. At the counter you can order meats, cooked to your liking, there is freshly prepared noodle soup.

All dishes, with one exception (the potato salad), tasted very good. Food was also hot, not half cold as it happens so often on buffets.

A down-to-earth buffet, well presented and constantly being attended to. Almost unnoticeable, the manager was rotating everywhere to make sure all food presentation was in order at all times. Also ever-present was a chef, always at hand to explain the dishes.

And this is where JJ's really excels: Service. Unobtrusive and thoroughly efficient, absolutely delightful. This service you will be hard pressed to find in Shanghai, or anywhere else for that matter.

The bill came up to RMB 223 incl. RMB 65 for the wine, where I should mention that soft-drinks are available on the buffet, included in the base price.

An Arnold Schwarzenegger case: I'll be back!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JJ's Cafe in Crowne Plaza   JJ's Cafe in Crowne Plaza Empty

Back to top Go down

JJ's Cafe in Crowne Plaza
Page 1 of 1