Changshu Expats Association
Welcome to Changshu Expat Association Forum ...
Please don't forget to register so we can forward you all the news and events that will be held ...
Keep in touch ...
Welcome to Changshu Expat Association Forum ...
Please don't forget to register so we can forward you all the news and events that will be held ...
Keep in touch ...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELPING OUT FOREIGNERS WITH TIPS, LOCATIONS AND OTHER USEFUL INFO ABOUT CHANGSHU CITY IN JIANGSU PROVINCE

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is this site still active?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
spiderboenz
Little Changshunese
spiderboenz

Is this site still active? Empty
PostSubject: Is this site still active?   Is this site still active? EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 2:49 pm

Most of the postings are at least a year or more older.
Back to top Go down
pirx
Humble Narrator
Humble Narrator
pirx

Location : Guomao Apartments West Tower, 176 Zhujiang Road, Changshu

PostSubject: Re: Is this site still active?   Is this site still active? EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 12:59 am

True, not so active. Also, not so terribly many of us left in Changshu.
Back to top Go down
spiderboenz
Little Changshunese
spiderboenz

PostSubject: Re: Is this site still active?   Is this site still active? EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 1:13 am

Based on my experiences over the past month that I have been here, I will say that there is a grand total of 7 foreigners in Changshu.
Back to top Go down
pirx
Humble Narrator
Humble Narrator
pirx

Location : Guomao Apartments West Tower, 176 Zhujiang Road, Changshu

PostSubject: Re: Is this site still active?   Is this site still active? EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 8:04 am

Even if you exclusively refer to long-noses, you are dead-wrong. There are close to 3000 (space) aliens registered with our exceptionally generous hosts in Changshu. About half are Taiwanese, followed by Japanese, Finnish, and then the bulk of other EU member states and Americans.

Bob of Casa Mia lives of the long-noses, while the myriad of Japanese bars and restaurants lives of the Asian origin foreigners. There is even one Indian restaurant...well, it is a Italian serving Indian food, to be precise.

The company-executive level long-noses you will find at Crown Plaza and Guo Mao service apartments, while the rest is somewhat strewn over the city.

There is a lively bar-scene, catering mostly to Chinese clients, however, just recently a former English teacher from New York chipped in with a third long-nose-targeting hangout, after Casa Mia and Deep Purple.

Back to top Go down
spiderboenz
Little Changshunese
spiderboenz

PostSubject: Re: Is this site still active?   Is this site still active? EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 12:50 pm

Well, I have been here a little over a month and have only seen a total of 6 other "long noses" so they must be hiding pretty well.

Not real big on the whole "expat bar/hangout" thing, because of the risk of finding myself in an expat bubble. I am trying to avoid that, but my Chinese is terrible. I have essentially given up on trying to find English speaking Chinese here.

Lively bar scene... Where? I have only found one place that meets the definition of what I would call a Bar here, and it is almost always deserted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this site still active?   Is this site still active? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this site still active?
Page 1 of 1