Changshu Expats Association
Welcome to Changshu Expat Association Forum ...
Please don't forget to register so we can forward you all the news and events that will be held ...
Keep in touch ...
Welcome to Changshu Expat Association Forum ...
Please don't forget to register so we can forward you all the news and events that will be held ...
Keep in touch ...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELPING OUT FOREIGNERS WITH TIPS, LOCATIONS AND OTHER USEFUL INFO ABOUT CHANGSHU CITY IN JIANGSU PROVINCE

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Arriving Changshu Beg August

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jools2002
Little Changshunese

Arriving Changshu Beg August Empty
PostSubject: Arriving Changshu Beg August   Arriving Changshu Beg August EmptyFri May 03, 2013 6:11 am

Hi
Will be arriving beginning August to teach in Changshu.
Would be very grateful on any info on the city. Especially any websites that show apartments for rent, as we are being put up in a hotel initially, but want to find somewhere quickly. Also what are the chances of renting a small house?
I understand there is no railway in Changshu, so tips on getting from Shanghai airport to there would be appreciated.
First time to China, but have been working in Turkey for 6 years, so nervous but excited. Smile affraid
Back to top Go down
mattcoq
Admin
mattcoq

PostSubject: Re: Arriving Changshu Beg August   Arriving Changshu Beg August EmptyFri May 03, 2013 10:55 am

Hi Jools2002,

Welcome to the Changshu forum ...

First of all, it would be good to know where you will be teaching so it will be easier to narrow down some locations for you ...

Most agencies, if not all, have only simple chinese websites, so unless you read the language (and really not point of trying GOOGLE TRANSLATE), it will be very difficult ...

Question by curiosity : I guess you are coming to teach in a school or university here ... Usually they provide accommodation unless you negotiated otherwise ...

To come from Shanghai Airport to Changshu, two solutions :
- Get to the main bus station in Shanghai and then get on a bus to Changshu
- Get on a bus to Suzhou from Pudong Airport, then either taxi or bus to Changshu
- Get on a taxi that will take you directly there ... Should cost between 80 to 100 USD

If you have any other question don't hesitate ...

We are just in May, so don't worry, we still have time to narrow down accommodation and transport solutions

Back to top Go down
https://changshu.forumotion.com
jools2002
Little Changshunese

PostSubject: Thanks   Arriving Changshu Beg August EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:42 am

Yes, we will be working for Web. They are giving a good allowance for apartment, and will put us in a hotel to begin with. I really want to get some ideas before I arrive, just of areas and possibility of a small house. I could leave it to them to choose, but will be bringing my small dog with us, so would rather pick one myself.
Back to top Go down
Ding
Little Changshunese

PostSubject: Re: Arriving Changshu Beg August   Arriving Changshu Beg August EmptyMon May 06, 2013 8:35 pm

Hello Jools2002, welcome to Changshu.

How to get to Changshu from Shanghai airport
1. International vistiors will mostly likely land at PVG airport (East Shanghai)
2. Take subway line 2 at PVG airport to People's square station, then take a taxi to Shanghai Long Distance Bus North Station (上海汽车北站). Or if you take taxi directly from PVG to the bus sation, it wil cost you around 30 dollars.
3. Every 15 to 30 minutes there is a bus heading to Changshu. You can buy the ticket on the spot. Bus ticket costs about 10 dollars.

How to find a house (Apartment?) in Changshu.
Depends on your budget. There are local housing rental agencies but i doubt they speak any foreign language. It's probably too early to worry about that. You can have your colleague in Web look that for you, or if time allows i will also glad to help.
Back to top Go down
jools2002
Little Changshunese

PostSubject: Thanks   Arriving Changshu Beg August EmptyMon May 06, 2013 8:40 pm

Thank you for all your help to all Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arriving Changshu Beg August   Arriving Changshu Beg August Empty

Back to top Go down

Arriving Changshu Beg August
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Changshu Expats Association :: New comers : welcome and present yourself ...-
Jump to: