Changshu Expats Association
Welcome to Changshu Expat Association Forum ...
Please don't forget to register so we can forward you all the news and events that will be held ...
Keep in touch ...
Welcome to Changshu Expat Association Forum ...
Please don't forget to register so we can forward you all the news and events that will be held ...
Keep in touch ...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELPING OUT FOREIGNERS WITH TIPS, LOCATIONS AND OTHER USEFUL INFO ABOUT CHANGSHU CITY IN JIANGSU PROVINCE

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

newbie question about distances from Changshu

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wam_de
Little Changshunese

newbie question about distances from Changshu Empty
PostSubject: newbie question about distances from Changshu   newbie question about distances from Changshu EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 4:23 pm

Dear all,

I will soon start working in the CEDZ near the Changjiang bridge.
So one of the main questions is where will I live?
A great help yould be if here could provide me with information such as what are the driving times from CEDZ to Changshu downtown, or to Suzhou or to Kunshan, or to western Shanghai (e.h. Jiading)

As I speak some Chinese locations of expat compounds or international schools are not important, but if possible I'd like to be not too far from a train or metro station.

Thanks in advance!
Wolfgang
Back to top Go down
Ding
Little Changshunese

PostSubject: Re: newbie question about distances from Changshu   newbie question about distances from Changshu EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 10:48 pm

there is no tran nor matro station in Changshu. most of expats in Changshu they choose to stay at the downtown area (Shimao area i would suggest). depends on traffic usually it takes 30 to 45 minutes to your work site, by car. let me know if it clear.
Back to top Go down
wam_de
Little Changshunese

PostSubject: Re: newbie question about distances from Changshu   newbie question about distances from Changshu EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 3:03 am

Thank you Ding!, yes I know that there is no train, and thank you for telling me about the time from CS downtown to CEDZ.
I heard that from the western parts of Shanghai (like Jiading or so) it also takes about 45 minutes, is that correct?

I think I'd prefer a quieter place like Changshu, which seems like a very nice place (never been there yet, only seen pictures), but I have to go to Shanghai and Hangzhou once a while, and that might be a pain if I first need to go to Suzhou or Hongqiao by bus...?
Back to top Go down
Ding
Little Changshunese

PostSubject: Re: newbie question about distances from Changshu   newbie question about distances from Changshu EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 12:27 pm

there is a bus station near Shimao area (the one i recommended). every 30 minutes (or even less) they have buses heading to Shanghai (1.5 - 2 hrs depends on trafic) and Hangzhou (2 - 2.5 hrs).

I would not recommend you to stay in Jiading because 1. i doubt there is any direct bus service to the area you work, you may still need to transit from downtown changshu; 2 it takes 1.5 hr to get to downtown shanghai by metro from jiading; 3. jiading is not really "shanghai"

this is my advise. I work in shanghai and live the weekends in Changshu.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: newbie question about distances from Changshu   newbie question about distances from Changshu Empty

Back to top Go down

newbie question about distances from Changshu
Page 1 of 1