Changshu Expats Association
Welcome to Changshu Expat Association Forum ...
Please don't forget to register so we can forward you all the news and events that will be held ...
Keep in touch ...
Welcome to Changshu Expat Association Forum ...
Please don't forget to register so we can forward you all the news and events that will be held ...
Keep in touch ...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELPING OUT FOREIGNERS WITH TIPS, LOCATIONS AND OTHER USEFUL INFO ABOUT CHANGSHU CITY IN JIANGSU PROVINCE

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

another German in Changshu

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wam_de
Little Changshunese

another German in Changshu Empty
PostSubject: another German in Changshu   another German in Changshu EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 6:16 pm

Dajia Hao,

I am German, and my company just decided to send me to Changshu starting Q1/2013, my job is IT management.
My hobbies are travelling, improving my Chinese skills, and getting to know new things.

I've been several times to Shanghai and Suzhou, but I haven't been to Changshu, so there will be a lot of questions, like in which place to look for apartments, what places to see in Changshu, how about public transport to Suzhou or Shanghai, shops, etc etc...

Looking forward to being in Changshu!

Wolfgang
Back to top Go down
Toshiechan
Little Changshunese
Toshiechan

PostSubject: Re: another German in Changshu   another German in Changshu EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 2:33 pm

Welcome! Lots of other Germans here so you should find friend quickly I am sure.

Regards,

Tal-El
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lelatyrenbur/design
wam_de
Little Changshunese

PostSubject: found a place, now looking to become a Changshunese ^_^   another German in Changshu EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 6:34 pm

Dear all,

thank you for the infos I got so far... I will soon relocate and stay either near 北门大街 Beimen Street or 珠江路 Zhujiang Road.
I guess then I need to find all the places & shopy one needs for daily life, such as where to buy food, a bicycle, clothes, barber shops (those where they cut hair...).

And sure it would be nice to meet some folks to hang out, cycle etc.

I'll be glad about any hints or messages..

谢谢!
Back to top Go down
Ding
Little Changshunese

PostSubject: Re: another German in Changshu   another German in Changshu EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 11:09 am

hey i would recommend you contact Thomas (ID prix at this forum). He's a German and he's a very good person to talk to.

Changshu is a samll palce comparing to Shanghai/Suzhou but we also have Metro/Auchan/Walmart/Starbucks/Barber shops, most importantly, we have a fine wesern bar restaurnt- Deep Purple (humbly owned by the undersigned:)

public transportation - there are 2 long distance bus stations in Changshu (the North station and the South station). every 15/30 minutes there is a bus go to Shanghai (1.5 hrs) or Suzhou (30 minutes). I would't worry about how to get out of Changshu.

Feel free to drop by. I would be more than happy to show you around at weekends.

Ding Chen
Back to top Go down
Ding
Little Changshunese

PostSubject: Re: another German in Changshu   another German in Changshu EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 11:16 am

saw your other post regarding taxi service. my neighbour is a taxi diver. do you want me to talk to him? He would love to have a regualr "long distance" customer.

Back to top Go down
wam_de
Little Changshunese

PostSubject: Bar & Taxi   another German in Changshu EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 5:32 pm

Hi Ding,

I will arrive in April, so sure I'll visit Deep Purple.
As with the taxi service, that depends on the proce, of course -we may discuss that by PM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: another German in Changshu   another German in Changshu Empty

Back to top Go down

another German in Changshu
Page 1 of 1