Changshu Expats Association
Welcome to Changshu Expat Association Forum ...
Please don't forget to register so we can forward you all the news and events that will be held ...
Keep in touch ...
Welcome to Changshu Expat Association Forum ...
Please don't forget to register so we can forward you all the news and events that will be held ...
Keep in touch ...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELPING OUT FOREIGNERS WITH TIPS, LOCATIONS AND OTHER USEFUL INFO ABOUT CHANGSHU CITY IN JIANGSU PROVINCE

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Changshu Visa

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pirx
Humble Narrator
Humble Narrator
pirx

Location : Guomao Apartments West Tower, 176 Zhujiang Road, Changshu

Changshu Visa  Empty
PostSubject: Changshu Visa    Changshu Visa  EmptyThu May 17, 2012 9:19 pm

Generally, it is always easy to bash Chinese authorities for inefficiency and mess.

Here in Changshu, however, I had the most pleasant experience of a visa renewal, ever. For the record, this is my 24th consecutive year abroad.

On transfering my workpermit from Shanghai to Changshu with simultaneous visa renewal I expected a major kafa-eske nightmare, based on experience with 'relevant organs' in Beijing, Tokyo and Shanghai.

Not so in Changshu. Everything was handled orderly, incredibly quickly and it even came even with a big surprise. The public security department office is open concept, same as adjacent the commercial office,in fact the concept is so open, you can even look into the computer screens.

Transfer of workpermit plus renewal of visa were handled within a week. When I looked at my visa: valid 3 years. I have never ever had a visa that exceeded one year validity.

Another reason why Changshu absolutely rocks!

On separate note, attention should be raised on this issue: Crackdown on illegal aliens.

Since we are at it, people who behave like this are a major embarrassment to all of us: Russian violinist
Back to top Go down
mattcoq
Admin
mattcoq

Changshu Visa  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changshu Visa    Changshu Visa  EmptyWed May 30, 2012 10:05 am

As pirx says ... It is an easy thing in Changshu for such matters ...

Maybe the "human" size city is for something, but I guess also for its visa officers ...

If you have a chance, stop by their office and ask for John WHITE, in charge of foreigners in town ... Great person to talk to ...
Back to top Go down
https://changshu.forumotion.com

Changshu Visa
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Changshu Expats Association :: News / What's Hot in Town / Buzz / Gossip-
Jump to: