Changshu Expats Association
Welcome to Changshu Expat Association Forum ...
Please don't forget to register so we can forward you all the news and events that will be held ...
Keep in touch ...

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

 Visa F (Business Visa)

Go down 

Posts : 303
Join date : 2010-06-28
Age : 44
Location : Changshu - 31°38' N 120°44' E

PostSubject: Visa F (Business Visa)   Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:39 pm

The required documentation to support your application differs according to the visa you are seeking. Here we explain some of the requirements though it is not your responsibility to organize all of them, the organisation you will be dealing with will need to arrange the ones special to your visa type, except for tourist visas, of course. Naturally, you should assist where required by providing information. Preparing the documents can take some time, from a couple of weeks to months, as many bureaucratic procedures are involved. It is a good idea, however, to keep checking back with them that they are getting on with it as sometimes matters can slip.

China Business Visa (F)
A business visa is required if you intend to participate for up to 6 months in business activities as an employee of an overseas organisation; investigating & establishing a business activity; lecture, study, or attend training (including internships). In some situations overseas businessmen with a need to travel frequently in and out of China over a longer period may be granted a 12 month visa.

To obtain an F visa you must have an invitation letter from a Chinese organisation that you will be dealing with or a reference letter from your employer explaining the purpose of the visit. The inviter should check that their invitation complies with all regulations.

The business visa (F) has over the years been used as a 'catch all' option. Visa issuing offices seem to have been willing to issue them relatively easily and often for longer durations than a tourist visa. It is not permitted to work as an employee of a Chinese business in China while on an F visa (there are a few exceptions such as working for a company funded from overseas), but many people have done so, often with the full knowledge of local officials, but on the other hand some people have been expelled!

1. Applicant's passport with blank visa pages and at least 6 months validity left before expiration.
2. One truly completed Visa Application Form of the People's Republic of China
3. One recent passport-size color photo stuck on the visa application form
4. A Visa Notification Form issued by an authorized governmental office or organization in China prescribing the visa validity, number of entries and stay period, or an official invitation letter from the authorized host company, institute, meeting or exhibition organizers in China.
5. Under some circumstances, the applicants may be required to submit a copy of Chinese hotel reservation, return air ticket booking and financial proof.

How to Apply
You can submit your application to the visa office of Chinese embassies or consulates by yourself, or ask someone else (such as your friends, relatives) or entrust a visa agency to do so on your behalf. The power of attorney is not required. No appointment is required.

Processing Time
It regularly takes 4 working days for processing visa application. However, the express service and rush service are also available if you want to pick up your visa earlier. Extra US$ 30 for the same-day collection; and additional US$20 for the second or third day collection.

Visa Fees
The visa fees vary according to your nationality and number of entries. Generally speaking, the fee is higher if the number of entries is more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Visa F (Business Visa)
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
» Sri Lanka Com Bank gets foreign loan for small business lending
» Doing Business-2012-Sri Lanka rose nine places in the global ranking to 89,
» TKS Group braces for big business after Rs. 1.7 b Malaysian investment
» If you are a part of an agri business....
» Dialog enters BPO industry

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Changshu Expats Association :: VISA / WORK PERMIT / DRIVING LICENCE / OTHER ADM PAPERS :: Visa procedures / Work Permit / Police station registration-
Jump to: