Changshu Expats Association
Welcome to Changshu Expat Association Forum ...
Please don't forget to register so we can forward you all the news and events that will be held ...
Keep in touch ...
Welcome to Changshu Expat Association Forum ...
Please don't forget to register so we can forward you all the news and events that will be held ...
Keep in touch ...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELPING OUT FOREIGNERS WITH TIPS, LOCATIONS AND OTHER USEFUL INFO ABOUT CHANGSHU CITY IN JIANGSU PROVINCE

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Changshu Bike Stores and Parts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nathan
Little Changshunese
nathan

Changshu Bike Stores and Parts Empty
PostSubject: Changshu Bike Stores and Parts   Changshu Bike Stores and Parts EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:28 pm

Hi All,

Great resource you've put together here with this forum. I'm browsing it regularly since I've started coming to Changshu. Great tip on Casamia.

As a fixed gear rider in Changshu my parts needs are pretty limited, but occasionally I'll need to pick up a brake clamp or pads, non-standard innertubes, etc. Thus far I've only been able to find the Giant and SDX bike stores.

Any other resources locally?

Regards

N.
Back to top Go down
mattcoq
Admin
mattcoq

PostSubject: Re: Changshu Bike Stores and Parts   Changshu Bike Stores and Parts EmptySun May 22, 2011 12:19 pm

Hi Nanthan,

I will talk with Arnaud about this issue ... Apparently, he has some other locations in Changshu where you can find some bikes supplies ...

Just near the old Auchan on Huanghe Road, there is one shop that Arnaud says lots of good things about ....

We will you join one of our rides by the way ...

With the temperatures rising, we either go up the Yushan hill early morning or in the evening ...

During the weekend, we usually go riding around 10:00 am with a starting point either at Starbucks in Fangta Jie or near the old Auchan on Huanghe road ...

Keep in touch,

Matthieu
Back to top Go down
https://changshu.forumotion.com
nathan
Little Changshunese
nathan

PostSubject: Re: Changshu Bike Stores and Parts   Changshu Bike Stores and Parts EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:18 pm

Hi Matthieu,

I found the Merida shop down past Sheraton on Mingjiang street. They have a reasonable selection of spare parts and gave me very reasonable prices on inner tubes, some chain oil and even some rim-tape that I'd had a hard time finding in Shanghai. Score!

I will definitely join up with your ride some time when I'm staying in town for the weekend. Used to do quite a few group rides in Shanghai.

I picked up a bbq that fits into a backpack. Two weekends ago I packed a picnic lunch and the girl and I biked out to Shanghu for a bbq on the land-bridge. Was very fun! Fortunately we were late in the afternoon so we got away with it, but I noticed signs forbidding bbq, and chengguan came and told us and others to stop. They left and we ignored them, but I wouldn't risk preparing a bbq and going back there in case they're more adamant next time. Is there any where else in Changshu you can recommend that's good for having a bbq?

Regards,

Nathan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changshu Bike Stores and Parts   Changshu Bike Stores and Parts Empty

Back to top Go down

Changshu Bike Stores and Parts
Page 1 of 1